A friend came over this morning and noticed, “Gee, you have a million tabs open.” Which made me think, “I should do a post on every tab I have open on Monday morning, every monday, just to show how wonderfully unproductive I can be.”
1. http://qmixalot.com/certified-spirits-specialist-css-exam-faq I was thinking about making a run at the CSS exam, started doing some research
2. http://kaufmann-mercantile.com/press/a-conversation-with-bureau-of-trade-founder-michael-phillips-moskowitz/? I love Kaufmann Mercantile, they have some really cool quality products. I am going to order this Belgian Linen; then I have to figure out why I need it / what to do with it
3. Ryan Holiday’s Newsletter is open in my gmail. I share his love of the book Meditations, by Marcus Aurelius. (which inspired one of my tattoos actually)
4. Smitten Kitchen (Banana Nutella Bars)- I subscribe to the mailing list. Such creativity and great recipes. Awesome photography as well.
5. http://kurtelling.com/ I was looking up Kurt’s Tour Dates; I am a huge fan, I think he is the best male jazz vocalist out there. Downbeat Magazine agrees
6. Assassin Blowgun Bowie Knife http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOvkxpbLcj8 This seemed like something I needed to add to my Zombie Apocalypse Kit, that resides in my trunk
7. http://www.npr.org/2013/07/27/206148964/how-americans-said-no-to-cocaine-after-years-long-addiction?utm_source=NPR&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=20130728 I heard parts of this story on NPR on the way to work, I wanted to hear the rest. Really interesting.
8. I was thinking about making going to the standing desk, seeing as I am at mine for hours at a time. I liked this design http://petermarks.info/2013/02/16/spaceship-modifications/
9. http://www.kqed.org/arts/movies/article.jsp?essid=123755 Another NPR story that I liked. Loved the trailer about Mad 80’s Coders
10. http://truthseekersradio.org/archives/category/current Love the Truthseekers radio show, great background music. The 7/27 show was really bumping on the way home the other night
11. Heston Blumenthal on Meat, over at Fine Dining Lovers http://www.finedininglovers.com/blog/news-trends/meat-tips-heston-blumenthal/
12. http://priceonomics.com/the-data-driven-cheating-of-moneyball/ I read pretty much everything on the Priceonomics website. Excellent
13. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/29/us/plan-for-yosemite-calls-for-scaling-back-human-activity.html?smid=fb-nytimes&WT.z_sma=US_PFY_20130729&_r=0 Still trying to finish the paper from the weekend. I was looking into hiking in Yosemite this Fall…
14. The Tónica Jazz festival is in a 4 days in Mexico. I wish I could go..
15. The WSJ has an article on how to make the perfect Meringue http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324328904578621961547556262.html